2015 Fall: 四技會資SongProject
|About the project:
This semester, you’re going to do an English song project and give an English powerpoint presentation.
Your presentation need to include the following information:
1. Your motivation: Is there anything special about the song? Why did your group choose this song?
2. The background of the song: The history of the song, or the story behind the song.
3. The singer: Who is the singer? His/her background.
4. The lyric
5. Vocabulry/phrases/sentences you learned
6. Your comments on the song.
7. Division of responsibility
|Length of the presentation: 15-18 minutes (make sure you finish everything in the allotted time)|
|Language: English only|
|Documents needed for this project:
1. PPT file
— An Introduction: Is there anything special about the song? Why did your group choose this song?
— The background of the song: The history of the song, or the story behind the song.
— The singer: Who is the singer? His/her background.
— The lyric
— The video and the link to the video
— Vocabulry/phrases/sentences you learned/
— Your comments on the song.
— Division of responsibility
—Reference2. Class handout
Please prepare a class handout (1-2 pages) for each of your classmates.
— Anything you think that might help your audience better understand your presentation, or the song you chose.
–You could also list some of the good words/phrases/sentences that you learned from the talk.3. 書面報告 (超級重要)
(1) A printed version of your ppt, (2) your talk script, and (3) the class handout you prepared.
— On the day your present, please give me a printed version of your ppt (6 slides on one page, double-sided) and a copy of your talk script (as a group)
— Please also attach a copy of the lyric of the song.Final Reminder:
1. Please email me your ppt file one week before your presentation so I could give you some comments before you present in class. Also, I’ll put your file online so your classmates could take a look before they hear your talk.
2. When doing your presentation in class, you can play “part of the song”–the parts that impressed you the most. (3 to 3.5 minutes, maximum).
Creating an effective powerpoint presentation
|Name of the Song||Group Presentation||PowerPoint|
|1||Flashlight, by Jessie J||video|
|2||Hey jude, by The Beatles||video|
|3||Heal the world, by Michael Jackson||video|
|4||Bad day, by Daniel Powter||video|
|5||You raise me up, by Martin Hurkens||video|
|6||Gravity, by Against The Current||video|