2021 Spring: 二技財金一甲 English
|Course: English||授課教師: 賴淑麗 Shu-li (Sally) Lai|
|授課班級: 財金系二技英文||學分/時數: 2/2|
|Email: email@example.com||Time/Location: Wednesday (10:00 to 12:00) Lab 7|
|研究室: 承曦樓 904 (by appointment)||Course website: https://www.shulilai.idv.tw|
Online materials to be announced (50 dollars)
|Overview of the course
This one-semester class will focus on developing and improving students’ academic listening and speaking skills. Students will listen and respond to a variety of topics, determine the purpose of listening, use multiple strategies to monitor their listening and comprehension, and be able to express their thoughts and opinions in English. Class activities include pre-class listening, in-class group discussion, individual sharing, teacher demonstration, and after-class assignments.
Quizzes & Assignments (in-class & after-class): 70% Project: 20% Participation: 10%
To be announced.
Participation and Attendance
1. If you have to miss a class for an unavoidable reason (e.g., sick leave, injury, family emergency), please email me in advance.
2. No late assignments or make-up tests will be allowed.
3. There will be quizzes and exams based on the materials in the textbooks and the materials presented in class. Please preview and review the class materials every week.
2. Background Questionnaire (link)
3. Creating your blog (https://www.blogger.com/)
|#1 Create your blog and briefly introduce yourself (3/1 due)
– upload a picture
– briefly introduce yourself (at least 50 words)
– Put your blog link here (link)
– Preview the course materials next week.
|3/3||Podcast and language learning
Using podcasts to develop listening skills
7 Reasons Why Podcasts Are Changing the Way We Learn English
A list of podcasts
|3/10||Six Minute English 1|
|3/17||Six Minute English 2|
|3/24||Six Minute English 3|
|3/31||Six Minute English 4|
|4/7||Introduction to TED Talk|
|4/14||TED Talk 1|
|4/28||TED Talk 2|
|5/5||TED Talk 3|
|5/12||TED Talk 4|
|5/19||Presentation (G1 & G2)|
|5/26||Presentation (G3 & G4)|
|6/2||Presentation (G5 & G6)|
|6/9||Presentation (G7 & G8)|
|6/16||Some valuable resources|
1. Cambridge bilingual dictionary (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/zht)
2. Longman (https://www.ldoceonline.com)
3. Oxford (https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us)
4. Yahoo Kimo (https://tw.dictionary.search.yahoo.com)
1. Name picker https://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/35_MDiMbi